Thursday, October 21, 2010

There Are No Kooky Democrat Candidates

I'm unemployed, and, if elected, I can teach the Harvard rich kids in the White House and the senate a thing or two. I will vote for any law and propose any measure to keep jobs in my state of South Carolina. I will vote for huge tariffs, and, if necessary, vote to ban imports of foreign goods.

I will break up the big banks. I will put them out in the street, just as they want to put you out in the street. Those bankers who committed fraud will do hard time.

I will stop debt collectors from calling you.

Healthcare, for free, for everyone.

College education should be free in America.

Where will the money come from? The department of defence can't say where $1tn went. The army can't locate 56 planes and 32 tanks – how do you lose a plane? Rumour has it, the Pentagon started off as the Hexagon, but one day one of the sides went missing.

I'll save your house. I'll save your job.

Half the members of the US senate work for BP. The other half work for Halliburton.


(excerpts from Alvin Greene’s Manifesto for a fairer America)

Democrat Greene was indicted in August on two charges of criminal obscenity.

Support Juan Williams
Veteran journalist Juan Williams was fired from his job as senior news analyst for National Public Radio late Wednesday because of comments he made about Muslims and terrorism on "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox News Channel.

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," he said. "But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Williams then brought up a statement made in a New York courtroom this month by Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani American who pleaded guilty to trying to detonate a bomb in Times Square and was sentenced to life in prison.

"He said the war with Muslims, America's war is just beginning, first drop of blood. I don't think there's any way to get away from these facts," Williams said. (Washington Post, 10/21/10)

The PC police have found a new target. If anyone tells you that they do not think twice when they see a Muslim getting on their plane, they are lying. That’s not bigotry; it is just a fact of life that we will live with until the jihadists are defeated. The Left eats it own.

Calling Dr. Krugman
Indeed, across Europe, where the threat of a double-dip recession remains palpable, governments from Germany to Greece are slashing public outlays. But even as students and workers in France clash with the police and block fuel shipments to protest a rise in the retirement age, the debate in Europe is more on how fast to cut government spending rather than whether such reductions are the right thing to do under the circumstances.


“Everything Keynes established about the primacy of maintaining demand at a steady pace is gone,” Brad DeLong, a liberal economist and blogger at the University of California, Berkeley, said mournfully. (NYT, 10/21/10)

Where are those who cared what Europe thought and did?



No comments:

Post a Comment