Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Overboard

Organized labor and business leaders are on board, Mr. Obama said. “We just need Congress to get on board,” he said, prompting cheers of “Four more years!” from an audience filled with members of unions for autoworkers, public employees, service industry workers and teachers. (NYT, 9/6/2011)


Previewing President Obama's speech on Thursday:


--I inherited the bad economy. (Not my fault)
--The stimulus was working until it ended and the Republicans would not approve more. (Not my fault)
--Infrastructure spending. (Jobs for my union supporters)
--Avoid teacher layoffs. (Jobs for my union supporters)


Meanwhile...


President Obama will this week be addressing a joint session of Congress that doesn't really want to hear from him about a jobs plan that he doesn't really have. (WSJ, 9/6/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment